Good morning parents,
We have been in talks with the City of Thorold and they have agreed to allow 2 parent monitors per team to stay in the arena during the duration of practices/games to assist with some duties. The duties will include:
· assisting the City employee with screening children at the door. Verifying that the TAAA online health screen has been completed, and encouraging hand hygiene practices.
· supervising in the dressing room and ensuring all participant/parents are following COVID protocols (ie. utilizing masks, socially distancing)
· keeping players in the dressing room until the bench area has been cleaned, and escorting players to the benches
· retrieving a team list with contact numbers from the ticket box each week and contacting parents if their child needs assistance
· ensuring the arena is free from spectators
Parents monitors must also complete a health screen and use a face covering while inside the arena. This role will be coordinated via your child’s coaching staff. The use of parent monitors will start on Saturday October 24.
We appreciate your cooperation and assistance in this matter,
Sarah C. Burciul